The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited. It is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations (15 stores and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Location: Abuja (Central Business District)
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- A Cook is responsible for preparing ingredients at an establishment that serves food, processing customer orders, producing meals and cleaning their workspace throughout the day to follow health and safety guidelines.
- Cooks follow recipes consistently, make adjustments based on customer requests, communicate with wait staff and prepare garnishes to make an attractive presentation for each meal.
- Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients
- Bake, grill, steam and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry and other foods
- Present, garnish and arrange final dishes
- Occasionally serve food
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, including handling utensils, equipment and dishes
- Handle and store ingredients and food
- Maintain food safety and sanitation standards
- Candidates should possess an SSCE / OND qualification
- Must have 1 or more years’ experience working within the food industry as a Cook, Chef or related role.
- Working knowledge of local dishes techniques and the Intercontinental dish making process.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment
- Must reside or be willing to work within Central Business District area of Abuja
Very attractive + HMO + Free lunch + 13th month salary
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria and does not agree with the terms and condition need not apply.
- If you meet the above criteria please send your Curriculum Vitae.