Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – PSE in Nigeria’s National and State-level Health Insurance Schemes, HP+
Job ID: req11707
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- HP+ is seeking a consultant to support in-depth interviews of key stakeholders related to understanding the critical operational barriers to an increased role of private providers in the provision of FP services.
- This is a deliverable-based contract.
- The Consultant will report to Cindi Cisek – Senior Technical Adviser and work closely with other HP+ Nigeria and HQ-based staff to ensure accuracy and completeness of interviews the data collection exercise and documentation.
Scope of Work
The Consultant’s work will occur in two phases: (1) preparation and conduct of interviews; (2) documentation of interviews and list of recommended stakeholders to participate in expert meetings.
Phase 1: Preparation and conduct of in-depth interviews:
- The consultant will develop the list of government and private sector stakeholders to be interviewed (approximately 10-15 interviewees) with their names and contact information based on the list provided by HP+, primarily from Nigeria’s NHIS, Kano SHIS, Bauchi SHIS, Lagos SHIS, relevant professional medical associations, and Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency (HEFAMAA). The consultant will be responsible for scheduling and conducting in-depth interviews, which are anticipated to take between 60-90 minutes to conduct. If follow-up information is required, the consultant will support by soliciting clarification or additional emails either through telephone, email, or other communications media.
- The deliverable for this phase of the study will be the list of stakeholders to be interviewed along with their full contact information and the draft questionnaire guide and excel template.
Phase 2: Interview Scheduling, Data Analysis and Reporting:
- The consultant will be responsible for scheduling and conducting interviews with stakeholders. The interviews will be recorded and transcribed in English. Data Analysis and Reporting: The Consultant will complete the interviews and submit the interview notes (transcribed in English) within 5 days of each interview conducted. The consultant will conduct any interview follow-up required via email or direct communication as required.
- The following deliverables will lead to payment for the amount of time spent to complete the assignment. Each deliverable must be submitted by agreed upon date, and HP+ will review and approve, or send back with comments for consultant’s further refinement within five business days.
- Preparation: List of stakeholders to be interviewed, tentative schedule, as well as any suggested modifications to the instruments.
- Data Collection: 1) final list of interviews/points of contact, 2) completed transcripts in English, 3) Follow-up notes pending from interviews with key stakeholders.
Period of Performance: August – October 2021 for preparation and interviews
- Master’s Degree in a Public Health, Policy, Health Financing or other related disciplines
- Experience with national and state-level health insurance schemes and key stakeholders
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s family planning program
- Experience conducting in-depth interviews with senior government officials and other stakeholders
- Fluency in English and strong writing, communication, and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness
- Experience in conducting in-depth interviews with senior-level government and private sector stakeholders
- Knowledge and existing contacts with key stakeholders from national and state-level insurance schemes
- Experience in working with USAID and other global partners
- Strong understanding of Nigeria’s national and state-level insurance schemes, including accreditation, certification, and contracting procedures for private sector
- Strong understanding of family planning programming
- Fluency in English and strong writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Policy, Health Financing or other related discipline.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online