SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction / FFSD Manager (M / F)
Contract type: Permanent contract
Contractual hours: Full time
We are looking to hire a Shutdown Manager to join her team of work force in Nigeria. His responsibility:
Conduct core Shut Down activities through the following:
- Manage all activities related to Construction and FFSD activities
- Coordinate with the various involved parties (production, inspection, maintenance, etc.) the definition of the FFSD scope of work.
- Establish and maintain the construction standards within the project.
- Participate in decisions regarding the acquisition and execution of
- Procurement & Construction and preparation of technical proposals.
- Support the organization technical preparation (technical dossiers) and material preparation (logistics – infrastructures) for all the aspects of the Construction/ Shutdown, with the team and the designated correspondent of Exxon.
- Follow the performance of the FFSD works until completion, including issuing a close-out report.
- Oversee the development of work pack procedures and relevant work packs
- Manages and monitor contractor’s workforce activities, productivity and safety performance
Conduct core Preparatory activities through the following:
- Coordinate with the various involved parties (production, inspection, maintenance, etc.) the definition of the Shut Down scope of work to cover:
- Work lists
- Planning and POB
- Impact on production and flaring,
- Budget costs,
- Identification of major resources/means requirements,
- Call and lead meetings, request evaluation studies, call for various options of planning etc.
Conduct supervisory activities through the following:
- Coach local engineers when required
- Mentor and coach Senior and Junior Preparators
- Manage efforts of Senior and Junior Preparators
- Perform similar duties as required
- Chartered Engineer (A-levels + 5 years’ study) or Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND / HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 10 years’ experience in the construction field on oil and gas production installations,
- Knowledge in Primavera,
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations.
- Ability to advise and motivate multi-national teams,
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site,
- Working language: English, French as an advantage.
- Previous successful Experience in Full Field ShutDown Management of a FPSO
- Perfectly competent and independent in his field, he must show common sense and organizational ability.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online