Mastercard is the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Director – East and West Africa
Reference ID: R-174978
Employment Type: Full Time
- Lead Communications in East and West Africa. Position can be based preferably in Lagos however can look at Johannesburg or Nairobi as well.
- Generalists responsible for executing divisional, country, or line of business specific communication plans; internal and external
- Oversees implementation of strategies related to external, internal, public affairs and regulatory communications for a cluster of countries in East and West Africa
- Oversees execution of daily operations and management of the business’s news bureau and digital interactions (e.g., digital, social and traditional)
- Recommends internal communications and messaging ideas to business owners and senior staff (e.g., video, blogs, and employee engagement)
- Ability to serve as official corporate spokesperson and media officer managing all strategic relationships with national, local media outlets
- Plans and implements traditional media and digital activation plans in support of planned product/service launches and corporate announcements
- Identifies and secures speaking opportunities that position Mastercard as thought/industry leaders
- Builds working relationships with key stakeholders (e.g., communication departments of banks, consumer unions, merchants, media partners, community leaders and governments )
- Manage relationships, negotiate contracts and facilitate service level agreements for alll strategic alliances the business has with communications-related vendors, spokespersons and agencies
- Strong track record and achievements in developing and delivering creative local communications programs
- Contributed to multiple crisis management communications engagements (e.g., identified resources and tools, contributed to business continuity management, interacts with public policy teams)
- Experience in communicating compelling product value propositions to important audiences (e.g., high profile industry conferences, internal and external stakeholders)
- Experience in supervising and coaching Communications teams.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online