SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) through its network of offices in 25 countries throughout Africa, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific, offers a comprehensive variety of services to some of the largest oil and gas firms in the world.
Thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees, to whom we provide training, recognition, and actual opportunities for career growth, our turnover has more than doubled in recent years. SPIE Oil & Gas Services is constantly looking for bright people to join its teams to help with this expansion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commissioning Engineer M/F
Job Ref.: 2022-27271
Location: Lagos (Onshore – Offshore)
Contract type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 5 months
- Responsible to organize the preparation and the execution of the commissioning activities of related to 2023 AKPO FPSO FFSD, in operation, in a safe way during the life of the 2023 FFSD.
- Assists pre-commissioning and commissioning activities during the 2023 AKPO FPSO FFSD.
- Service dimensions include working in TOTAL Energies Lagos office, Contractor yard and Site activities onboard AKPO FPSO.
- Promote HSE behavior within the commissioning activities and verifies that HSE procedures are implemented by commissioning team.
- Develop a strategy to minimize offshore commissioning and minimize lost time due to interfaces.
- Define, mobilize and manage an organization which will cover the preparation and the execution of commissioning.
- Manage the preparation of pre-commissioning/commissioning procedures and reporting tools (including technical database when applicable, planning, punch list control).
- Manage the execution of commissioning to achieve maximum productivity, minimize cost and achieve smooth hand over.
- Co-ordinate with other project entities/existing facilities.
- Supervise the reporting of commissioning execution to ensure that all technical, contractual and cost information is properly recorded, collected and available for inspection/reference as required by law regulations and company policies.
- Supervise the schedule of commissioning in order to reach the planned end date.
- Commissioning preparation phase:
- Responsible for the review and the approval of the various commissioning preparation tasks to be performed by the Contractor: work repartition, priorities, resources, schedule, coordination of the preparation team.
- Review and approve the commissioning management procedures (hand over, interfaces, punch list, internal organization).
- Review and approve the commissioning dossiers prepared by the Contractor (including database populating and operational test procedures writing).
- Coordinate activities of the Company commissioning supervision team (system engineers, discipline supervisors, planning / punch list controller).
- Identify and address all interface issues with other project packages with respect to commissioning.
- Prepare overall commissioning plan.
Qualification and Experience
- Education: At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Professional experience: 8 to 10 years of experience in a lead commissioning role. Previous work experience in FSO/FPSO
- within a FFSD context is a plus. Familiar with Total Opercom methodology, fluency in English, strong management and communications skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Compliance with DW ECP HSE KPI & Objective and assist DW ECP AKPO FPSO FFSD team in compliance with overall TUCN HSE requirement.
- Ensure effective and timely response to technical queries in compliance with set standards, company specifications and safety procedures.
- Ensure effective and efficient interface relationship the FFSD teams in Lagos and FPSOs AKPO.
- Commissioning execution phase:
- Responsible for the overall safety of commissioning activities.
- Responsible for witnessing and monitoring the pre-commissioning activities performed by the Contractor.
- Countersign all pre-commissioning dossiers at Ready For Commissioning (RFC) status.
- Control all commissioning activities performed by the Contractor.
- Check progress against planning and recommend any necessary corrective actions, close follow up on punch list.
- Ensure correct reporting of commissioning activities in time frame.
- Report immediately any unexpected events which may affect the commissioning of the plant or the start up.
- Review and approve the commissioning dossiers after completion of commissioning activities and sign the Ready For Start Up and hand over certificates.
What can we offer you?
SPIE Nigeria Limited is currently looking for an Electrical Foreman to join its work force in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online