COEAKWANGA – College of Education Akwanga, Nasarawa State, was established in 1976 and offers full-time, sandwich and part-time Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) Programmes, Pre-NCE and Degree Programmes. The Degree programmes are in affiliation with the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
Location: Akwanga, Nasarawa
- General supervision of staff and readers
- In-charge of Day-to-day management of the Library, staff selection, staff training and book selection
- In-charge of Library policy, personal contacts and liaising with departments on books requirement
- Preparation of Library Budget
- Giving professional advice on library matters
- Responsible to the Provost for the smooth running of the College Library
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned from time-to-time.
Candidates for the post of Librarian must possess the following requirements:
- Must have a minimum of Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLS) with at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience
- Must have relevant publications in Journals and Textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer
- Must be computer literate
- Must belong to the Library Professional body.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years
- The conditions of service of the College Librarian is as obtainable at College of Education, Akwanga.
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications in fifteen (15) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names with surname underline
- Marital status
- Number of children including the age of each
- Date and place of birth, local government area
- State of origin
- Current postal address and phone number(s)
- Permanent home address
- Educational institution attended with date
- Academic and professional qualifications and distinctions with date, membership for professional association / bodies
- Work experience in chronological sequence
- Present employee status and salary (copy of last promotion)
- Extra curricula activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a present employer who is to forward confidential reports on the applicant directly to the registrar
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documented evidence (where applicable) and show originals of their credentials if invited for interview.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Post of College Librarian” on the top left-hand corner addressed to:
College of Education,
P.M.B 05, Akwanga,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.