APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
1. Job Title: Collector
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers; Lagos
- The CWA Area Collections team is looking for a passionate finance professional for the role of Collector in Port-Harcourt. The Collector will work closely with our colleagues in GSC in line with the MLOS minimum standard meeting requirements – being on top of collection, manage the total outstanding, handle invoicing, statement queries and collection from the customers.
- Collector will ensure to follow up for all the payments to be applied on time and correctly.
- Follow to ensure Freight and detention tariff in AFLS/CXED are updated correctly and free time extensions are done timely.
- Make weekly reconciliation on the different accounts and the corresponding system balance and clearing aged outstanding items.
- Monitoring AFR task closure and bill relies for export shipments.
- Preparing reports for management on the overall image of the outstanding every week and handling any query.
- Dispatch reconciled statement together with the invoices to the customer
- Maintain communication with GSC collection team by sending queries and updates required on a weekly basis for the customers who have paid and when to expect payment as per the reconciled list from GSC collection team
- On time to time in coordination with GSC collection team send reconciled statement to customers upon request from customer or other stake holders
- Handle disputes from customers in coordination with all GSC team and ensure the issue is resolved.
- Attend the weekly Outstanding meeting to provide a detailed report for all overdue amounts above 30 days and the reason as to why they are still outstanding
- Follow up with payment application team to ensure all payments received from the customer are correctly and timely applied.
- In coordination with GSC OTC team to perform waiver and write off after getting proper approvals.
- Visit the customer premises and follow up for payment for the overdue invoices.
- Ensure all request for AFR tasks closure received from CS team are done timely.
- Ensure Credit Review process is executed as and when required as per global blue print and processes.
- Review Credit Renewal requests and ensure process is followed in line with global Act as the communication interface between FCRM and sales team and ensure that credit process/approvals is aligned with Global Authority Matrix.
- Monitor, and evaluate customer who exceed their credit terms in a timely manner and ensure appropriate follow up is taken by sales/collections teams.
- Monitor daily emails and ensure these are either responded to or forwarded to the correct department/escalation point in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor Credit Levels and support the FCRM with the management, reporting and review of credit levels for all customers and ensure compliance with credit terms and conditions.
We are looking for:
- A financial educational background as degree in Finance, Accounting or a Chartered Accountant qualification.
- Prior proven experience (at least 3 years) in a similar function or in a consulting firm
- Can influence without authority
- Preferably experienced in working closely with offshore teams in service centres.
- Support the standardization of global collections process and ensure clear communication of relevant processes with cluster stakeholders.
- Engage, where necessary with clusters to deliver reports and decisions regarding credit review, credit evaluation and credit renewal processes.
- Be able to make sound decisions supported by facts and data available through banks, financial reports, and historical behaviours with the group and credit bureau information.
- An avenue for you to develop your Career in a diversified and challenging environment, working for the Leading Shipping Company and interacting with a wide range of multinational colleagues working to achieve one goal,
- Gaining insight into finance and accounting processes,
- Chance to learn different aspects within the cluster,
- Great opportunity to improve analytical, communication and customer management skills.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply (Rivers)