Umba combines advanced tools and techniques to optimize risk exposures in emerging markets that are currently underserved by traditional banking services. The Umba platform allows users to apply, receive and repay microloans through their mobile phone while using machine learning to underwrite using a risk score that is highly accurate and improves over time.
umba has just rolled out a new online POS solution and is teaming up with some of the biggest e-commerce merchants to increase customers access to online goods and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Collections Agent (Hausa Speaker)
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for collecting overdue amounts from customers
- Making and receiving telephone calls from customers to determine why their repayments are overdue
- Explaining repayment terms and negotiating new payment terms where appropriate
- Conducting all communications in a professional and compliant manner
- Recording the outcome of all calls on the collections system
- Achieving the required targets in terms of activity and collections rate
- Provide feedback and escalate collections issues for credit policy changes
- Hausa Native Speaker
- Experience in a call center essential
- Experience in fintech/banking desirable Skills required:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong empathy and active listening skills
- Passionate about solving problems and delivering results
- An understanding of banking products and services
- Good level of computer literacy
Application Closing Date
Method of Application.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online