MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Operations Manager
Job Type: Permanent
- The Cloud Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Cloud Services function, and effectively communicating with all stakeholders on pertinent matters including – but not limited to – software deployment, upgrades, system setup, system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration, change management, service desk, security management and monitoring, capacity planning, availability management, disaster recovery and routine update of services
- He / she will also assist with developing processes to manage operations, technical standards and architecture development
- The Cloud Operations Manager is also expected to ensure best practice maintenance and support of the Cloud platforms, processes and customer services.
The specific responsibilities shall include to:
- Work with the Cloud Solutions and planning teams to guarantee stability, availability and the efficiency of our cloud environment
- Making sure that customer SLAs are met, periodical customer reports and updates are sent
- Play an active role in improving the interface between the business and technology
- Ensure 24 X 7 operations of Cloud Services, Disaster Recovery, Scanning and Archiving, Data Repository, and Remote Operations Services
- Provide pre-sales product support to Solutions Architects in the development of customer proposals, tailored solutions, bids and major tenders
- Develop and maintain a high-level strategy for the current and future growth of the organization’s product lines
- Maintain accurate and detailed asset inventory records
- Develop and oversee Network Operations, Service Desk, Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management and Change Management processes for all Cloud Services
- Ensure successful backup and/or replication of Customer Data in a secure manner. Contribute and enhance Security policies and procedures for Cloud Services. Implement System Management Tools to provide monitoring and management of all Cloud infrastructures
- Define and report key performance indicators to monitor process health; define and report customer facing service metrics
- Analyze and track periodically the external product positioning and competitiveness of product(s) against competitor’s products within the target market space
- Product project management
- Facilitate decision point meetings
- Conduct Research and development (R&D) activities that comprise of creative work undertaken on a systematic basis in order to increase knowledge of technologies and services
- Advise on new product development and product marketing
- Liaise with the marketing team to revise marketing collateral such as brochures, website, product descriptions, new press releases and assist in coordinating public marketing campaigns
- Implement and oversee Security policy, monitoring, and guidelines for Cloud Services
- Conduct System Outage Analysis to prevent reoccurrences
- Identify, negotiate and coordinate team resources across various departments within the organization and when required to make product(s) amendments, support growth and meet customer demands
- Directly manage assigned team.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management or related engineering field is preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in large complex information systems and cloud services with at least two (2) years in a supervisory
- At least five (5) years managerial experience of IT Service management, data center, server, and storage management, virtualization, networking, systems management, and project management is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud is a must have.
- Must have strong Windows / Linux / Unix skills
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies are an added advantage.
Demands of the Job:
- Must be proactive, and able to identify and resolve events before they results in incidents
- Must be a strong leader, capable of motivating a team of engineers to consistently meet world class standards
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to build, develop and train young talent
- Expected to support customers effectively
- Must be a strong communicator.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online