Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international / Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Inspector
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job type: Contract
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- To inspect, report, monitor and liaise with EPC Contractor on all civil works related to the projects.
- Coordinate the flow of information from the PM and QM to the EPC Contractors.
- Supervise and Inspect the day-to-day Civil Construction operations of the EPC Contractors SOW.
- Attending pre-construction meetings where necessary.
- Executes the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction/installation activities on site.
- Issues the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, write and send to Quality Management non-conformances reports.
- Conducting field and laboratory tests on materials to measure compliance with regulations.
- Inspects and verifies all aspects of trenching, ducting, foundation, formwork, reinforcement and concrete casting.
- Investigate and monitor progress of various projects and action items.
- Validates the approval of permits, corridor access and other Utility agreements with EPC Contractors.
- Checks the preparation of foundations.
- Checks the correct preparation of reinforcements.
- Monitors atmospheric conditions during pouring operations.
- Monitors correct curing operations.
- Checks the sampling operations (when required).
- Reviews the laboratory examination results.
- Checks sub-grade dry density.
- Checks moisture content.
- Checks compression strength test.
- Checks after execution of casting.
- Checks after concrete pouring.
- Checks materials quality Verifies special processes and the relevant workers’ qualifications.
- Orderly collect, check and manage documents certifying tests, controls and inspections carried out witnessing the tests, controls and inspections carried out.
- Check the conformity with the Quality Control Plan and obtain the relevant documentation.
- Check the documents certifying the tests, controls and inspections carried out.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the approved Inspection Test Plan according to Clients requirements.
- Minimum 5 years as construction civil inspector
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering Minimum or equivalent
- ACI Certification or equivalent
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: BSc in Civil Engineering Minimum or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum Experience 5 Years
- Other experience: Minimum 5 years as construction civil inspector
- Required Travel: Not Required
- Available to Work shifts and over weekends.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a Construction Civil Inspector.
- Trained in confined space and OSHA construction safety and advantage.
- Competent and analytical Civil Inspector i.e.: able to make quality recommendations, as well as to identify, assess, evaluate and solve problems.
- Knowledge and experience using computer software.
- Strong analytic capabilities and the ability to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- An eye for detail and ability to prepare clear and accurate reports.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
- Ability to handle the physical aspects of required fieldwork.
- Commitment to safe work practices.
- Proficient knowledge of fall protection and work zone safety.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment as well as under minimum supervision.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel and other job demands
Application Closing Date
4th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online