Nigerian Civil Defence Recruitment 2023. The Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board (CDCFIB) is a federal government agency in Nigeria responsible for overseeing the recruitment, training, and management of personnel for the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS), Federal Fire Service (FFS), and Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS).
The NSCDC is responsible for protecting critical national infrastructure, disaster management, and providing security for the citizenry, while the NCoS manages correctional facilities and rehabilitation programs for offenders. The FFS is responsible for providing firefighting services and responding to emergencies, while the NIS manages the country’s immigration policies, including passport issuance, border control, and the issuance of residence permits.
The CDCFIB is responsible for ensuring that these agencies are well-equipped and staffed to carry out their mandates effectively. The board sets policies, provides oversight, and ensures that each agency adheres to established standards.
In summary, the CDCFIB plays a crucial role in maintaining law and order, protecting critical infrastructure, and ensuring the safety and security of Nigerian citizens.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for full time appointment to fill existing vacancies in the following positions below in the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps:
General Duty: Category A Inspectorate Cadre
1.) Inspector of Corps (IC) – CONPASS 07
- Applicants must be holders of NCE or its equivalent in any related field, obtained from any recognized institution.
2.) Assistant Inspector of Corps (AIC) – CONPASS 06
- Applicants must be holders of National Diploma (ND) in any related field, obtained from any recognized Polytechnic/Institution.
Assistant Cadre: Category B
1.) Corps Assistant (CAII) 04
- Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary level, SSCE / NECO or other equivalents with a maximum of five (5) credits in not more than two sittings, which should include English and Mathematics.
2. Corps Assistant (CA III) – CONPASS 03
- Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary level, SSCE / NECO or their equivalents with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two sittings which should include at least English and Mathematics or Trade Test Grade III (Artisans, Motor Driver Mechanics, Auto Electricals, Plumbers, Carpenters etc.)
Driver / Mechanic / Artisan: Category C
1.) Corps Assistant (CA II) – CONPASS 04
- Applicants must be holders of Trade Test Grade II (Motor Driver Mechanics, Auto Electricians etc).
2.) Corps Assistant (CA III) 03
- Applicants must be holders of Trade Test Grade III (Motor Driver Mechanics, Auto Electricians etc).
N.B: National Driver’s License is required for all prospective drivers.
Statutory Requirements for the Recruitment
- Applicants must be Nigerians by birth
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications. Any certificate or qualification not presented and accepted at the recruitment center shall not be accepted after the recruitment.
- Applicants must be fit and present Certificate of Medical Fitness from any recognized Government Hospital.
- Applicants must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Applicants must not be member of secret society, cult or drug addict etc. Applicants must not have been involved in any financial embarrassment. Applicants must be between the ages 18 and 30 years
- Applicants’ height must not be less than 1.65m for male and 1.60m for females. Applicant’s chest measurement must not be less than 0.87 for men.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates should note that this application is absolutely free.
- Candidates are advised to print out the Referee Forms which must be duly completed for submission during the screening exercise.
- Candidates should NOTE that multiple applications will automatically be disqualified.