United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Supply and Logistics
Job No: 557106
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Supply Management
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
- Provide rapid and relevant responses to evolving supply needs and situations facing children and families, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
- Ensure sound, accurate supply/logistics management systems, procedures and documentation as well as regular, accurate reporting to maintain the highest level of integrity, standards and accountability.
- Ensure that effective support is provided to develop Government capacity in supply chain management.
- Supervise and manage effective procurement, local and/or offshore, with a goal to attain lowest cost without sacrificing quality.
- Collaboration and Partnership.
To Qualify as an Advocate for Every Child You Will Have
- Education – Advanced University Degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or specialization in directly related areas including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas transport or logistics operations/management, supply management, etc.
- Work Experience- Ten years of relevant professional work experience. Both national and international work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting, administration and/or other related fields. Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For Every Child, You Demonstrate
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA). The UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically.
- Works collaboratively with others
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions.
- Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.