Action Energy, a company that operates in the downstream sector of the oil industry in Nigeria, with its head office in Abuja, is desirous of employing a team of young, vibrant and ambitious professionals who shall drive the vision of the company to fruition and build an enviable career in the industry.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Controller
- The CFO coordinates the overall activities of the finance department and works closely with the heads of the sub-departments to achieve the overall performance targets.
- The CFO is also responsible for approving the financial reports and all the financial transactions of the entire business before they are forwarded to the top management for action.
- It is an important role that could spearhead process improvements and add value across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/MD and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures.
- The role of CFO is a very senior; hence a high level of experience is expected for anyone applying for this role. A Bachelor’s degree in the following will be expected for this role:
- Finance or Economics
- An MBA or CPA is also highly desirable.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the finance or oil and gas industry and managing a team is a must with examples of when they have demonstrated excellence in the workplace.
- Must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgement.
Application Closing Date
COB 11th December, 2020.
Important Information / Notice
- Applications should be accompanied with 300-word essay on the strategy the applicant intends to apply to achieve departmental success while aligning with organizational goals.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.