IBILE Microfinance Bank Limited is a fast-growing Microfinance Bank with designed fitting financial products to meet the diversified and dynamic economy of the micro sectors in Lagos state. The bank is managed by industry seasoned professionals with the objective to facilitate financial inclusion services, serve the Micro Small and Medium Scale industry (MSMSE) and empowered to grow and sustain the gross domestic product (GDP) of the fifth largest economy in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- To plan, design and co-ordinate the implementation of sound accounting and financial management and control systems and procedures for all operational areas in the bank. To effectively manage the relationship between the bank and its lenders and creditors, thus enhancing smooth, hitch-free interaction for high business performance.
- Develop a robust financial strategy for the bank
- Supervise the preparation of the bank’s annual budget
- Supervise the preparation of Daily, weekly and monthly financial reports and annual accounts
- Coordinate the conduct of the bank’s regular audits.
- Manage the process of financial reporting to all stakeholders
- Manage the relationship with all the banks where accounts are operated and ensure all bank reconciliation is done in a timely manner.
- Obtain daily and weekly reports on transfers from and to the head office. Deal with any issues that might also emerge
- Manage relationship with partners which includes raising capital and negotiation
- Manage the bank’s funding and cash flow requirements through regular preparation and review of cash flow statements.
- Monitor the bank’s performance against budgets.
- Monitor and review the maintenance of the company’s accounting records including fixed assets register, debtors and creditors listings and cash management records to ensure accurate/timely updates.
- Review and assist the respective departments in the production and justification of all capital projects including calculations of return on investment
- Design and implement control systems and procedures for monitoring overhead costs and expenses
- Drive and manage the process of developing procedures and internal controls for the overall improvement of the company’s accounting, operational and reporting systems
- Appraise subordinates promptly and objectively, and follow up on action points resulting from the appraisal
- Prepare Daily/Monthly/Quarterly Financial and Managements reports
- Oversee Monthly and Annual Tax Returns and Filing (PAYE, WHT, ITF, CITA)
- Periodically review the organization’s financial reports and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Assist HR in payroll administration
- Compliance and regulatory reporting including CBN and NDIC
- Supervise and recommend training, coaching and mentoring of subordinates
- Monitor the bank’s expenses against budget
- Drive and coordinate the bi-monthly ALCO Process
- Drive and coordinate the monthly MPR Process
- Make presentations at the Weekly Management Committee meeting
- Make Quarterly presentations to the Board Finance, General and Nominations CommitteeMember,MCC,ALCO,LMC
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance / Accounting / Economics or Social Science discipline
- Must have 6-8 years relevant work experience within a similar role
- Must have Microfinance Banking experience
- Master’s degree/MBA will be an added advantage
- Professional Accounting Certification (ICAN/ ACCA) is compulsory
- MCP Certification is compulsory
- Good understanding and application of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Use of the Bank one core banking software is an added advantage
- Detail-oriented and analytical
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Chief Finance Officer” as the subject of the mail.