Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) Recruitment 2020/2021 for Assistant Director, Finance. Apply for CIIN Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria Job Recruitment Today. The Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) commenced operation in 1957, it was granted Charter status under the provision of Act No. 22 on 26th February, 1993. Under the Charter, the Institute (Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria) has been charged with the general duty of determining the standards of knowledge and skills to be attained by persons seeking to become registered members of the Insurance profession in Nigeria.
The Institute is seeking to recruit performance driven professionals with capacity and the right attitude to deliver exceptional results in the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Director, Finance
Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
- Provide strategic oversight to the Finance Directorate to drive the Institute towards sustainable growth
- Collaborate with other Directorate to develop income generating initiatives and ensure proper implementation of the Institute’s financial plans
- Oversee the preparation of the Institutes budgets, forecasts and monitor implementation and performance measurement
- Direct the management of the Institute’s resources within budget guidelines according to current obligations, laws and regulations, and ensuring compliance with Federal, state and local regulations and reporting requirements
- Maintain, update and implement financial policies, manuals and procedures for the Finance Directorate
- Ensure all the Institute’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislations
- Coordinate the preparation of periodic management accounts and financial reports, facilitate statutory audits of the accounts and financial reports and supervise the preparation and rendition of all periodic returns
- Create an enabling environment that empowers staff in the Directorate to develop capabilities required to achieve set goals and respond to opportunities and challenges in the business environment
- Abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities and encourage all staff in the Directorate to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Institute’s standards and policies
Specifications / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related discipline such as Finance, Accounting, Economics, Banking etc.
- MBA or relevant Master’s degree in any business-related discipline.
- Relevant professional membership and/or certifications such as ICAN, ACCA, CFA.
- CIIN professional membership will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 12 years post-graduation experience with at least 5 years’ experience in the Financial services sector and in top/senior management positions.
- Evidence of strong industry I sector participation.
Conditions of Service
The Conditions of Service are attractive and compares favorably with what obtains in similar Institutes in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
2nd June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
For enquires, please send an email to email@example.com
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.