Lagos Business School (LBS) is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Freelance Writer
- The Case Freelance Writer engages professional expertise to rework case contents and ensure that the overall quality of cases improves significantly and meets the international standards as well.
Key Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Apply journalistic writing approach to improve the quality of teaching cases, teaching notes, and technical notes written by faculty members
- Apply journalistic writing approach to improve the quality of faculty’s articles and other academic writings that will be published in high impact journals.
- If necessary, s(he) shall conduct media and business research to achieve the above.
- Provide regular work-in-progress and, in the process, obtain useful feedback from subject faculty to further clarify the direction of publications.
- Consult relevant standard references to ensure adherence to the required quality of cases publishable in targeted case publishing houses, such as the Harvard Case Publishing.
- Conduct secondary research to obtain useful information that will improve the overall quality of teaching cases.
- Review and provide editorial inputs for teaching cases, notes and journal articles
- Ensure that learning and teaching objectives, as stated in the teaching cases and notes are achievable.
- Manage case and journal article development timelines.
- A B.Sc Degree in Management, Social Sciences or any related discipline from a reputable institution
- At least 5 years’ experience in journalism or business writing.
- Business domain knowledge and analytical skills.
- Good business journalist acumen.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent editorial skills.
- High integrity, reliability and confidentiality.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to cope with deadlines.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Public relations / relationship management skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Computer in general
- People management skills.
Application Closing Date
11th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “CFW20” (compulsory) as the subject of the email.
Note: Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. LBS offers equal employment opportunity.