The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CAIE Examiner – Nigeria
Location: Lagos, Sub Saharan Africa, NG
About the Job
- We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of CAIE Examiners in various locations across Nigeria. You will be part of a wider team of examiners expected to support the delivery of Cambridge Assessment International Examinations (CAIE) in your base location. You will also be required to work very closely with British Council Examinations Services staff, venue staff and venue service providers to ensure the test days run smoothly.
- We are currently looking for CAIE Examiners in the following subjects – English, French, German, Spanish, Greek, Italian, Arabic, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and ICT.
- We are keen to build excellence in language assessment in Nigeria through the recruitment of qualified and motivated professionals
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals
- CAIE examinations regularly take place at our locations in Nigeria
- An undergraduate or Master’s Degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree (3 years’ full-time academic study, or a minimum of one year’s full-time academic study in the case of a Master’s degree) or educational qualification
- Experience in teaching candidates below 18 years of age
- Strong and oral communication
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
Professional Attributes and Interpersonal Skills
An Examiner is expected to have the following professional attributes and interpersonal skills:
- Completes tasks accurately and in sufficient detail
- Observes the need for confidentiality and security
- Responds positively to guidance and advice
- Acts professionally at all times
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and candidates and treats others with respect
- Is sensitive to cultural differences.
- Customer support
- Maintain British Council Examinations Services standards of customer care on the test day.
CAIE (Cambridge Assessment International Examinations) Examiners Nigeria:
- Pay band: Paid per Candidate examined.
- Eligibility: Existing right to live and work in Nigeria.
- Locations: Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Ibadan.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2021 at 23:59.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
- If you do not have required criteria, you will be disqualified.
- Application questions must be completed honestly; if questions are not completed with true valid information, you will be disqualified
- Please include your preferred location in your application.