The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Admin) G4
Requisition ID: 173506
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
- In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
- At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities.
- They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
- To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Key Accountabilities (Not All Inclusive)
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- First University Degree or equivalent in Business Administration / Political Science / Finance / Economics or any other related field.
- Four or more years of progressive work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
General Service (Headquarters):
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
General Service (Field):
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language and the local language (Hausa/Kanuri).
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- Efficient Registry system implemented for visitors, incoming & outgoing correspondence
- Procurement of Admin goods and services
- Timely & adequate management of WFP facilities and Accommodation, conference, and event Services
- Automated processes e.g., Invoice Tracking System, Travel Management System (WeTravel), Archibus, Accommodation and Transportation Hubs.
Desired Experiences For Entry into The Role:
- Four (4) or more years of progressive work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
WFP offers an attractive compensation package.
Application Closing Date
11:59PM (Nigerian Time): 5th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Terms and Conditions
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications are to be submitted online and in English only.
- Only Nigerian national or residents with valid permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year.
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties.
- Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise.
- Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
- WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage.
- Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.