Wesley Microfinance Bank Limited is a unit microfinance bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to operate in Lagos State. It was incorporated as a private limited liability company in August 2009. It is a faith-based financial institution well positioned to monopolize the financial services industry with its unique set of electronic banking products.
The bank is fully insured by the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation and is duly licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to carry on the business of providing financial services such as savings and deposits, loans, domestic fund transfers, other financial and non-financial services to clients. As a bank, our strength lies in opportunities that would bring growth and advancement to the populace comprising our target groups. The Bank has a sales-driven culture, which enables it to cross sell products and services. Wesley MFB is committed to the mission to deliver digital financial solutions across the global community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Specialist
- We are looking to hire a Business Development lead who will be responsible for leading our business development strategies identifying, developing, and executing on partnership opportunities across a variety of verticals, ranging from financial services and payment infrastructure to money movers and direct to final customer.
- The role requires an experienced business development or product professional who can build relationships with varied target audience, understand their capabilities, identify opportunities for mutually beneficial partnership, structure and negotiate opportunities to help shape our business growths.
- The candidate is expected to define and direct the long-term organisation strategic goals and will have the expertise to create and apply an effective sales strategy for the company products.
- The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth by boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. You will play a pivotal role in the organization from owning strategic and business projects, through to business planning and metrics.
- Leverage your experience in the fintech and financial environment to help the Company successfully drive growth and compete efficiently through new offerings, disruptive business models, efficiency and planning for future growth.
- The role will involve developing and leading target market engagement strategy, as well as supporting product development and delivery.
- Develop, implement, and oversee overarching sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Promote the company’s products/services, predicting clients’ objectives by Identify and assessing clients/customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Generate, identify new sales leads, potential new markets, planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives, pitching products and/or services to increase customer base.
- Identity and pursue partnership and commercial opportunities across our products and services.
- Identify and define needs, articulating value proposition, differentiating competition and positioning for new market entry.
- Develop and enhance sales and business development plans through market intelligence, understanding of client markets (quantitative and qualitative) and competitor analysis.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers by increasing organisation networks and developing partnerships.
- Build a network of professional business contacts within Wesley’s industry; negotiate partnership arrangements and budgets; coordinate teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements with partner in coordination with operations.
- Provide input, research, and formulate strategies and recommendations for new product development opportunities.
- Conduct and review product research to identify new markets and developing customer needs within this vertical.
- To participate and lead in cross functional business growth efforts including facilitation, business case development and execution.
- Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure exceptional service and managing sales cycle to close new business in all service categories offered.
- Work with product and technology officers, and other staff to conceptualize and design proposals for new project activities and/or amendments to current projects.
- Proactively resolve customer complaints and any other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
- Report on sales activity, pipeline development and revenue forecast.
- Write performance weekly reports and provide feedback to executive management while maintaining accurate and timely electronic files /information in database.
- Perform other related duties as may be delegated to you from time to time.
- Develop the Go-To-Market strategy for the respective product offerings.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Leave, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- Flexible Work
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Competitive Remuneration
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online