Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) is a federal government research university located in Zaria, Kaduna State. ABU was founded on October 4, 1962, as the University of Northern Nigeria. The university operates three main campuses: Samaru and Kongo in Zaria, and School of Basic Studies in Funtua. The Samaru campus houses the administrative offices, sciences, social-sciences, arts and languages, education, environmental design, engineering, medical sciences agricultural sciences and research facilities. The Kongo campus hosts the Faculties of Law and Administration. The Faculty of Administration consists of Accounting, Business Administration, Local Government and Development Studies and Public Administration Departments. Additionally, the university is responsible for a variety of other institutions and programs at other locations.
The Governing Council of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and interested individuals for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Zaria, Kaduna
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and subject to the directions of and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor and University Council for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University
- In that capacity the Bursar shall be competent to advise on the financial policies, budgeting, disbursement of funds, and be responsible for the preparation of presentation of Annual Estimates, Planning, Control and periodic evaluation of University accounting and treasury services, including investment of funds, preparation and updating of Manual of Financial Procedures, etc.
- The Bursar is also expected to carry our other duties as may be assigned from time to lime.
- Candidates are required to have good honours Degree in Accounting and or professional qualification (i,e ACCA, ACA, ICAN, ANAN, etc.) with at least 15 years post qualification cognate working experience which should include not less than five years at the managerial level in a comparable establishment.
Conditions of Service
- Th remuneration and conditions of service are as applicable to posts of Bursars in Nigerian Federal Universities, and as may be determined by the Council and the government from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 30 copies each of Application Letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (attaching photocopies of relevant credentials) under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “POST OF BURSAR, ABU ZARIA” and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Ahmadu Bello University,
P.M.B 1045 Zaria,
Note: Candidates are advised to request three of their referees to forward reports on them under confidential cover to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.