MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: BMS Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Building Management System (BMS) Engineer will be responsible for the day to day operations and monitoring of the MDXi Lekki Data Center, comprising of Data Center electrical & mechanical components such as CHILLERS, CRAC/CRAH VESDA & FM200, Access Control, CCTV, Water Leakage Detection etc., equipment within and outside Lagos.
- From a technical support’s standpoint, the resource will work closely with technical team.
In addition, the BMS Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Knowledge of BMS server, DCIM Server, NVR, CHILLERS, CRAH/CRAC, VESDA & FM200, Access Control , CCTV Systems, HVAC Systems, intrusion detection etc.
- Monitoring and reporting of All Electrical systems (Energy Meters, UPS, PDU, Feeders & Transformers) Reading and Consumption According daily, weekly and monthly.
- Monitoring and reporting of all mechanical systems (Chillers, CRAH/CRAC, AHU, Access Control etc.), daily, weekly and monthly.
- Preparation and Submission of Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reports.
- Troubleshoot and fix day to day operational problems pertaining to BMS system.
- Support for Reviews & Audits, Audit tracker updating and coordination.
- Ensuring that the team is meeting the SLAs with internal clients in all aspects.
- You will support and ensure that all applicable security standards – including the ISO9001, ISO27001 (ISMS), PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) are duly complied with for quality assurance.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- BSc in Electrical and Electronics/Mechanical/Computer Engineering or other relevant disciplines with at least 2-5yrs work experience
- Transferable experience and knowledge of structured cabling.
- Good knowledge of ITIL, SQL, Windows server 2012, VMWare
- Understanding of electrical, mechanical and telecommunications principles, transmission, and IP networks etc.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills, multitasking with an ability to interact with a wide range of people and be a good team player and a positive frame of mind and be open to acquiring new skills
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under none or minimal supervision.
- This is a shift – based role and the successful candidate may be required to work weekends and on a public holiday.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online