Dangote Cement is a subsidiary of Dangote Group, which was founded by Aliko Dangote in 1981 as a trading business with an initial focus on importation of bagged cement and other commodities such as rice, sugar, flour, salt and fish. This is where our ambitious plan to become Africa’s leading Cement producer began
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Blaster – Cement Industry
Location: Gboko, Benue
Job Type: Full time
- Carry out blasting operation in safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Conduct pre-operational checks on blasting equipment.
- Maintain statutory records.
- Ability to use Nonel Detonator for blasting
- Take sketch of completed drilling round.
- Prepare the blasting log sheet to establish all required data and materials.
- Order and receive explosives from the magazine for blasting.
- Safe handling/application of explosives & materials.
- Operate within the confines of the relevant statutory provisions.
- Take all scheduled blasts promptly.
- Ensure strict budget discipline in material usage and specific consumption.
- Charge blasting round strictly as per the design/projected using blasting projection table.
- Forward completed blasting log sheets and Explosive used to the DGM Mines office immediately after every blast.
- Monitor explosives stock in the magazine and advise on re-ordering level.
- Ensure that statutory provisions are complied with in the magazines and high standard house-keeping within and around the magazines.
- Ensure safety of men and property in all blasting.
- Along with Snr. Mining Engineer and MIS/Mines Secretary, compute all explosive reports monthly and annually.
- Inspect, receive/reject, as the case may be, all supplied explosives.
- Attend daily Tool Box Talk at resumption.
- Ensure necessary PPEs are used on regular basis.
- Responsible to Snr. Mining Engineer.
- Carryout other duties as may be assigned
- WASC / SSCE / GCE / NABTEP / NECO & Blasting Certificate + 16 years working experience or OND & blasting certificate + 5 years working experience
- Good communication skill
- Ability to work under pressure
- A good Team Player and ability to learn
- Must be dedicated and accountable
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online