MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Backup Data Protection Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Backup / Data Protection Engineer is responsible for administering, configuring, and ensuring backups are completed as scheduled.
- Required to work closely with the GNOC and Cloud Operations teams to provide support to customers in line with SLAs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage all backup and recovery tools and systems.
- Provide 2nd level support as required.
- Define and deliver on capacity planning analysis and monthly reporting.
- Provide mentorship to engineers and support staff.
- Provide support and analysis of complex problems.
- Ensure operating standards and procedures are defined and adhered to by others.
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure and process improvements.
- Advise on technology trends and standards.
- Any and all additional job duties as defined by hosting management
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management or related engineering field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Commvault / Veeam
- Certification in either Backup technologies a significant advantage
- Experience working with virtualization technologies ( Hyper-V/VMware)
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud
- Experience working with Windows/Linux operating systems
- Networking experience will be an added advantage
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player with strong collaboration and engagement skills
Demands of the Job
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online