The Lagos State Government’s (LASG) statewide programme, EKOEXCEL, aims to transform ECCDE and Primary education in all Lagos State government schools by introducing 21st Century education that is child-centered and supported by contemporary practises and technology. The initiative aims to improve learning outcomes for students in the classroom while empowering and assisting public school teachers. The initiative marks the state of Lagos’s basic education system’s largest-ever investment. It is reducing the financial barriers for the hundreds of thousands of students enrolled in the State’s public primary school system and bringing fairness to basic education.
The Lagos state government is unwavering in its dedication to fairness, working to bridge the wealth and poverty gaps by ensuring that everyone has access to high-quality education. The effective development of more highly qualified instructors is essential to the programme. by assisting, encouraging, and supporting currently employed government teachers to be successful in their classrooms. Children are learning twice as much arithmetic and three times as much reading as they did previously because to this curriculum!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Resolution
- Working for the technical implementing partner for the programme, you will work towards preparing Lagos and its youth for a bright future with a strong educational foundation.
- Being part of this transformative programme will be a challenging but fulfilling experience. You will have the opportunity to impact young lives and help build the future of Nigeria’s “Center of Excellence”, developing the quality workforce needed for the future in Lagos State.
- The programme is one of the most exciting and ambitious education programmes not only in Nigeria, but also across Africa.
- A quality education has the power to transform the opportunities for Lagos’ youth and the State.
- In joining us, you will join a group of dynamic and passionate Nigerians taking concrete action to help ensure a better future for the children of Lagos.
- The Resolution team provides telephonic and online issue resolution support to parents, school staff, community members and members of the general public.
- This department is the first-line resolution centre for any and all issues that may arise at the school or community level.
- The team manages multiple contact channels (such as phone, email, Whatsapp, and the web) to handle inquiries, and provide resolution.
- The team also works closely with all departments to ensure that all issues not resolved by them are escalated to the appropriate department within the organization for prompt resolution.
- The team also plays a critical role in recording and tracking reported issues to support the identification of system-wide strategic improvements.
About the Role
- The role will be reporting to the Resolution Manager. The Resolution Associate will be responsible for ensuring Bridge customers/callers receive excellent customer support.
- The Resolution Associate will also resolve recipient questions and resolve any issues within their mandate.
- This position will reward strong service skills, attention to detail, and effective communication with staff.
What You Will Do
- Manage incoming calls from school sites, supervisors and Regional Managers
- Identify and assess callers’ needs to achieve satisfaction/ Resolution
- Provide accurate, valid feedback and complete information by using the right systems and methods.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions through creating tickets and other tools/systems.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Monitor internal system tools and identify issues for resolution
- Work with School Supervisors, Principals and the school team to resolve issues arising from schools
- Performed other duties as assigned by the Resolution Team Manager
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree, Passion for Bridge’s vision of educating every child.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Excellent communication skills with a good command of English
- Ability to multitask, manage time effectively and prioritize tasks.
- Good typing speed. At least 25 words per minute with an accuracy of 85%
- Ability to handle complaints in a polite; empathetic and professional manner
- Ability to use a positive, constructive, and solution-focused approach whenever conflict arises
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm when faced with routine work
- Ability to multitask
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality of recipient information.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience using Excel, Google Suite and Gmail is desirable
- Prior experience working with a customer is a plus
- Ability to enter information accurately in databases.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, KwaraLEARN works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online