Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Corporate Finance
Job ID: 49086
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- Investment Banking provides clients with a range of advisory and financing solutions. Specialising in high-growth emerging markets, our expert advisers work on mergers and acquisitions, capital restructurings and empowerment deals, as well as arranging finance for acquisitions, client projects and property transactions.
- Pitching for and execution of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, corporate restructuring and other advisory transactions.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Preparation of transaction documents including Scheme documents, Take-Over Bid documents, Information Memoranda, etc.
- Project and manage the implementation of transactions including coordinating other service providers e.g. printers, auditors, lawyers, etc.
- To the extent required, manage interaction with relevant regulatory authorities, largely as relates to regulatory fillings
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements
- Conduct industry and market research and review company information
- Build financial models and prepare detailed valuations
- Preparation of pitch documents as well as proposals, information fliers, teasers and other marketing material
- Form a deep understanding of the domestic regulatory framework and all relevant laws and regulations
- Assist with special ad-hoc projects, presentations and initiatives as assigned
- Managing a team of analysts to successfully deliver assigned tasks and projects
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Qualification and Experience:
- A first Degree qualification
- Additional qualification would be an added advantage
- Minimum of four years corporate finance experience
- Good knowledge of the capital market operations, laws and regulations
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise
- Knowledge of financial modelling and valuation
- Reasonable understanding of finance, accounting and economics
- Good understanding of the workings of the Nigerian capital market, rules, laws and regulations
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online