FINCA Microfinance Bank was founded by John Hatch in 1984 and pioneered the “village banking method” of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide.
FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Systems & Network Administrator
Location: Owerri , Imo
About the Job
- FINCA is recruiting a fresh graduate, motivated with knowledgeable background as Assistant Systems & Network Administrator to join FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited, Nigeria Subsidiary.
- The position is an officer level with a direct reporting line to the System & Network Administrator or as may be assigned, and is responsible to provide support to all systems and network related activities in the department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first line of support to users of the network.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware failures, network operating system problems and other LAN/WAN related malfunctions
- Identify and resolve all hardware, Network Operating System, Operating System, and LAN, MAN, WAN related issues.
- Set up and maintain security measures on the network, including the setting up of passwords and provision of access privileges to users.
- Ensure the security and safety of corporate databases against viruses, hackers and intruders
- Set up, install and configure all IT related equipment and accessories
- Arrange for regular servicing and maintenance of networking equipment.
- Liaise with third party suppliers and vendors to ensure that all IT related equipment and network operating systems operate to specifications
- Maintain servers, routers, switches, workstations, stand-alone PCs and miscellaneous supporting devices and OS software.
- Maintain an inventory of all Network related equipment showing the physical location, the user, a clear description, the speed and capacity of the equipment.
- Assist in maintaining the disaster recovery site and ensure business continuity in times of crisis.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with other departments and users to resolve user problems.
- Carry out installation on in branches and Head office.
- Maintain all the registers and logs pertaining to your job functions
- Update procedures and manuals relating to the job function
- Undertake any other assignment related to information systems technology as may be assigned by the Head of department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree / HND in Computer Science / IT
- Relevant experience in related function, especially with a financial institution.
- Network certification will be an added advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- An MCSE / CCNA / CCNP or Linux Certified is added advantage
- Prior experience working in a telecom industry is an added advantage
Critical Competencies and Key Deliverable
- Employee Engagement: Maintains a fulfilling work environment; Provides feedback on performance regularly.
- Achievement Focus; Overcomes obstacles creatively; Consistently achieves business objectives; Recognizes and pursues opportunities; Takes calculated risks to achieve goals
- Collaboration; Convinces others collaboration is a win-win; Holds people accountable to work together; Fosters mutual accountability to achieve results; Develops rapport throughout the Company.
- Responsible for Results; Takes responsibility for own actions; Balances urgency with attention to detail.
- Financial Responsibility; Conserves organizational resources; Works within budget guidelines; Assesses ROI on expenditures; Adjusts allocations to take advantage of unplanned opportunities
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Fluency in at least 1 local language preferred
- Ensure information system costs are within budget
- Ability to get a good return on investment in computerized banking systems.
- Maintain minimum downtime on information.
- Timely and efficient implementation of information system in the Region.
- Timely and promptly delivery of services to customers.
- Ensures financial reports are produced accurately and timely.
- Ensure an efficient information system
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and Resume to: email@example.com with “Assistant Systems & Network Administrator “as the subject of the email. For consideration of your application, Resume must be in Word or PDF format and less than 4 pages.
- Successful Candidate MUST be willing available to relocate to Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
- Also note, interview process will be conducted in Owerri Imo State