About NERC: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission – NERC is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Regulatory Financial Reporting Analysis
Division: Markets Competition and Rates
- Undertake analysis of financial statement of licensees
- Evaluate licensees’ business plans, budgets and programs and advices on the appropriate capital and operating expenditures as well as establish investment trends in the various sectors
- Conduct the necessary analysis and provide input into the determination of licensee fees, levies and other charges
- Review licensees request for pass through costs
- Participate in the on-site review and examination of licensees financial and accounting records
- Assist in preparing periodic reports relevant to the functions and activities of the Group and the Division
- Handle correspondences of the Unit.
- First Degree in Accounting, Actuarial Science, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or any numerate discipline.
- Possession of a Professional accounting/Finance qualification is necessary (CCA, ACA, CNA, CPA, CFA)
- Minimum years of work experience: 6 years post-graduation experience.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022. (12:00 Midnight)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.