About NERC: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission – NERC is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Network Safety
Division: Engineering, Performance and Monitoring
- Review and analysis of NESI Operators’ monthly reports on significant incidents/accidents in transmission and distribution network
- Collating and analyzing incident notification reports submitted by TCN & Discos
- Monitoring of TCN & Discos compliance with the provisions of the Nigerian Electricity Health and Safety Code
- Review and analysis of accident investigation reports submitted by TCN and Discos
- Conduct site inspections and sting operations to identify and escalate impending hazards on the network
- Conduct accident investigations
- Knowledge about emerging Health and Safety standards and practices developed by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other Health and Safety International standard development organizations
- Knowledge and ability to identify and analyze accident causative factors
- Analyse Health and Safety audit reports submitted by TCN & Discos
- Preparation of quarterly NESI Health and Safety performance report
- Provide routine and ad-hoc reports and analysis
- Develop presentations and reports.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- First Degree & Master’s in Electrical Engineering (Bias in Power Systems/or Electrical Services)
- Minimum years of experience: 6 years.
- Team player, Works well under Pressure, Self-Starter
- Modelling Applications, Project Management Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.