MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Access Network and PoP Planning
Number to Hire: 1
Job Type: Permanent
The Access Network & POP Planning Manager will oversee and supervise capacity planning, dimensioning, network expansion to meet strategic growth and business requirement, efficient allocation of circuit’s resources and routing, Access Network engineering and design to meet recommended ITU-T & NCC criteria.
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the planning, dimensioning and implementation of MW transmission & last mile equipment.
- Responsible for the Planning, dimensioning of GPON Network
- Ensure KPIs in the SLA of service providers from onset to achieve the following availability (last mile=99.999% & 3rd Party=99.9%).
- Achieve new PoP builds within 90 days of requirement – 30 days to plan and approve; 60 days to implement.
- Report weekly of all MW/GPON activities.
- Supervise MW/GPON stocking & inventory management.
- Oversee the Link Budget & design activities for MW/GPON deployment.
- Terrestrial networks (Optics & Microwave) Design involving allocations and management of appropriate NCC approved frequency channels & Bands.
- Ensure that all third party leased circuits (mostly interstate) are protected.
- Responsible for Ceragon/Dragon Wave/Radwin MW Radios and network architecture and Protection schemes interconnectivity to existing or new networks in all areas of operation.
- Oversees regulating requirement in transport networks (MW Radio) are fully implemented. Make and defend frequency bands allocation applications from time with Nigeria NCC, Ghana NCA.
- Responsible for Access last mile connections. Responsible for maintenance, upgrades of MW/GPON components.
- Ensure Main One’s delivery mechanism meets uptime requirements communicated to its customers. Develop procedures and methodologies to re-instate all design related MW/GPON outages to enable MainOne meet its committed and communicated SLA.
- Recognize opportunities/recommend measures- as feasible- to improve and/or optimize process, procedure, and the overall Access NE transmission quality and infrastructure
- Work directly with Vendor support services to manage MW network.
- Plan network expansion and new services in conjunction with the business.
- Report on capacity, inventory and utilization of applicable Access Network Media. Provide detailed engineering documentation to ensure the success of required projects and their support. This will involve site survey work and the gathering of field data as well as current capacity and database reports to provide detailed engineering documents and reports.
- Prepare Methods of Procedure (MOPS) detailed engineering documentation, work orders as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
A Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Engineering discipline with a minimum of 6-8 years’ work experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of MW:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Time & self-management skills
- Relationship Management
- Advanced knowledge of GPON protocol (ITU-T G.98x standards) and/or a strong experience of GPON equipment configuration (OLT & ONT) is mandatory
- Good knowledge of equipment and technologies like
- Ethernet access networks (VLAN bridging, cross-connect, …)
- Ethernet QoS (policing, shaping, IEEE 802.1p, 802.1q, 802.1ad,
- Broadband Forum Technical Recommendations for access networks
- Network protocols: PPPoE, IPoE, ARP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, RTP, VOIP SIP, LACP, IGMP, MPLS.
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps and CAD Designs.
- Ability to analyse and interpret detailed technical documentation and implement into the network in an efficient manner.
- Advanced understanding of and demonstrated proficiency in Packet/SDH based Optical Transmission Networks and its components.
- Good understanding of network element capacity forecast models related to high level planning and design
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Solid foundation in electronics theory
- Good working knowledge of databases required. Demonstrated mastery of telecommunication industry standards, dimensioning transmission network element systems, ITU, and ANSI/ETSI etc
- Working knowledge of client TCP/IP protocol Implementation expertise, analytical, organizational, multitasking, technical writing, telephony, troubleshooting, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Demands of the Job
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Travelling may be required
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candid