Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Maintenance Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for maintaining all Mechanical equipment to function at maximum capacity and ensure effective utilization of Mill Capacity.
- Coordinate preventive and predictive maintenance activities of all mechanical machinery, equipment, etc. in the business Unit for the smooth running of the production activities to meet business goals.
- Manage the mechanical engineering expenses (labor cost including overtime, repair/maintenance cost etc.) against the budget of the Business Unit to drive the efficient cost per ton, effective man-hour per ton, and overall business efficiency.
- Assist to monitor the installation of new mechanical machines and equipment, etc. by providing technical support, guidance, and oversight functions to contractors/third parties to ensure that projects are completed within standard and timely.
- Ensure departmental compliance with HSE policies and programs geared towards a safe working environment by taking appropriate safety measures/actions.
- Assist in monitoring inventory of mechanical spare parts to ensure the availability of the same for timely corrective maintenance of the milling machines/equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- B.Eng. / HND in Mechanical Engineering or related course.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in similar industry.
- Proven experience leading maintenance groups and/or technical teams using KPI-based objectives and driving strong results.
The Person Must:
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze problems and implement effective corrective solutions.
- Be highly organized and proactive with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to influence safety practices and initiatives.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: FMN is an equal employment opportunity company and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to our company or any agency.