The Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce is the foremost bilateral chamber in Nigeria. Our main objective has been the promotion of trade and investment between Nigeria and Britain since our inception in 1977. We currently have about 400 members spanning all sectors of the economy made up of Nigerian and British business people. While our head office is in Lagos, we maintain an NBCC-UK Network in London and developing a network of local branches within the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Director of Programmes
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
Programme Planning, Management and Implementation:
- Ensure the implementation of programmes necessary to achieve the mission of the Chamber.
- Coordinate and oversee the organization of programmes and events for the benefit of members.
- Initiate and set goals for programmes according to the strategic objectives of the Chamber.
- Lead and manage programmes to achieve its mandated targets in accordance with annual operational plans and targets of the Chamber.
- Ensure compliance of approved Programme and Project plans
Programme Reviews, Evaluation and Assessment:
- Keep the Chamber executive informed of upcoming events, with detailed and accurate reports or presentations.
- Implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that correct procedure are followed by staff under supervision.
- Ensure quality and timely submission of quarterly and annual or required Programme and Project Performance Reports as per desired standards and guidelines.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and relevance of Chamber events over time, and recommend improvement as required.
- A first degree in Social Sciences, Management or a related field. A Post-Graduate degree will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a Programmes/Event Management function.
- Thorough understanding of project/programme management techniques and methods
- Experience in designing, setting up and coordinating programmes/events
- Experience in sourcing sponsorship from diverse sources
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Working knowledge of MS office and programme management software
- Working knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Understanding of the project cycle management
- Excellent understanding of fund-raising, donor strategies and governmental relations.
- Proficiency in the use of IT Tools
- Leadership and Delegation
- Negotiation Skills
- Professional and Social Networking skills
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Excellent Presentation skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Planning, organization, time management and coordination
- Crisis management and conflict resolution
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.