The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title Assistant / Associate Professor (Accounting and Management) with specializations in Operations Management/Quantitative/Qualitative Research Methods
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Faculty: School of Business and Entrepreneurship (SBE)
Slots: 3 Openings
Summary of Position
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) is now accepting applications for full-time, nine-month, tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professors in the following specialties: Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Management (Business Administration), and Marketing.
- These positions are housed in one of the following departments: Departments of Accounting & Finance, Business Administration & Marketing, and the Department of Entrepreneurship, in the School of Business and Entrepreneurship (SBE). These positions are all expected to begin in August 2022.
- Applicants are expected to have earned their doctoral degrees at the time of employment, with considerable teaching and research experiences. Applicants to be considered for the Associate degree are expected to have already been promoted from the position of Assistant Professor (Senior Lecturer) level to an Associate level at the time of employment.
- All SBE faculty members are expected to be engaged in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate programs; be actively engaged in scholarly research; participate in curriculum and program development, student advising, university service, and outreach.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses, as well as appropriate research and service. The responsibilities of the position support the mission and goals of the School of Business and Entrepreneurship and Department of Business Administration and Marketing, including engaging in quality scholarly activities consistent with NUC accreditation and actively participating in departmental and college activities
- All SBE faculty members deliver instruction, carry out research, perform service for their respective professions and community, and participate in the management of the university through shared governance
- Each member of the faculty has the duty to deliver instruction and maintain a learning environment consistent with the highest standards of the profession
- The faculty has a responsibility to set degree requirements, assess when they are met, and establish and maintain curricula that meet professional standards and fulfill the educational goals of the university
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for Each Specialty
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting will teach undergraduate and graduate courses preferably in Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Auditing, and Taxation with other specialty areas.
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Management will teach undergraduate and graduate courses preferably in Operations Management, Quantitative Methods, Applied Statistics, Project Management, Strategic, Management, and related areas.
- An earned Ph.D. in the specified fields or closely related field from an (AACSB equivalent) accredited school. ABDs might be considered if evidence of degree completion could be provided by August 2022.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- An earned Ph.D. in the specified disciplines from an (AACSB equivalent) accredited school.
- Candidates for all positions are required to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. A record of quality teaching both face-to-face and online is expected of all applicants.
- While all applicants are expected to demonstrate potential for quality research output, those applying for Associate Professor positions are expected to show an established stream of research in academic journals and publications in their respective areas.
Teaching Days / Hours:
- Classes are taught face-to-face and occasionally online.
- Traditional classes are scheduled: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and some evenings Monday – Thursday 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. SBE graduate program classes meet on Saturdays 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. There is also a possibility of summer teaching.
Application Closing Date
1st January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter, CV / Resume, Contact Information for three references, and teaching philosophy must be attached (in MS Word or PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
- For best consideration, please submit the requested application materials prior to the application closing.
- Unofficial transcripts will be required upon being chosen for a campus visit prior to the interview date or may be attached online at the time of application