Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Area Technical Officer
Purpose of the Job
- To coordinate, control, manage, support and track day-to-day network operations in the Area to ensure optimal network availability, coverage, maintaining target network KPI’s to deliver plus one network quality and customer focus
- Providing local network support for both the Sales and marketing team in the Areas to ensure the overall network management and quality
- The ATO is the Network SPOC in their respective area and executing arms of Network in the Region
Roles and Responsibilities
- Interface with Zonal Business Manager to understand commercial plans and determine required network support for same
- Ensure OPEX efficiency of MSC locations by ensuring prompt payment of utility bills, effectively managing the electricity distribution companies to avert power disconnections to the data centers and reduced diesel consumption
- Track and lead Correction of Zonal Network performance (Various Network KPIs and Network Availability)
- Manage MS Vendor partners to ensure all the Customer Complaints in the Zone are timely Resolved
- Network Interface to both internal and external stakeholders especially Commercial teams to ensure customer issues are resolved within acceptable KPIs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- Cross-functional knowledge of Telecommunications Network
- 5-10 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 3-5 years managerial/Supervisory experience in a GSM/mobile company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online