Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited – We are a world class biscuit producing company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
- Responsible for:
- Area field sales force overhead budget and effective use of all marketing spend to optimize sales force effectiveness
- Tactical activity budget and area expense management
- Area – geographically based across Lagos with responsibility for the sales force
- Lead an Area Team and able to engage various stakeholders in the delivery of the Area objectives.
- Create Possibilities – Creating ideas and opportunities to enable you and others to go beyond the existing situation. Stand in the future for both the market and the company to shape that future
- Bring the Company purpose to life – Be an ambassador for the company, good role model for ethics, compliance and our reputation. Demonstrate pride and deep accountability for bringing the Sales vision and Lagos Performance ambition to life
- Create conditions for people to succeed – A great coach who creates a proactive, supportive and challenging climate for team to thrive. Set performance objectives which direct individual/team contributions towards business objectives. Strong talent judgement and ability to grow others through coaching and mentoring.
Purpose of Role
- The Area Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing total product sales out (depletion) in a particular geographical area.
- The Area Sales Manager ensures consistent profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment, training and management of sales team.
- He/She is also responsible for identifying objectives, strategies and action plans to achieve short and long term sales targets
- Selection of outlets for activation for the entire sales area
- Prioritizing capability development for direct team members
- Route mapping to Distributors, manning and coverage plan
- Tactical initiative design, execution and evaluation
- Drive achievement of profitable volume/market share target for the product for the Area via delivery of Outlet Execution standards for the Area.
- Ensure retail redistribution scheme (RRS) within the area is fully deployed and standards maintained.
- Coach and train team members in line with monthly activities checklist: identify
- Ensures brilliant execution of customer marketing/marketing promotional activity by ensuring the right outlets are selected, agencies are adhering to our standards, constant review of what is working and on time, in full delivery of required reporting.
- Fully understands the use of Salesforce Automation tool, trains team on its usage and ensures all parameters are adhered to
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate with minimum 7 – 10 years broad experience in Sales gained across sales or consumer/customer marketing – particularly critical is previous experience of Field Sales or other customer facing roles.
- A strong track record in Sales, preferably in more than one area/field will be an added advantage – possesses a good understanding of selling capabilities and tools and how these interact together to deliver brilliant execution in Field Sales.
- Previous experience of coaching/leading others and getting results through teams
- Good commercial understanding, strong numerical skills and technologically savvy
- Solution oriented thinker and an excellent communicator – both verbal and written
- Good negotiation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.