Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, and India, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Android Software Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- Branch launched in Nigeria in 2017 and has seen rapid adoption and growth. In 2021, we plan to grow our engineering team in Nigeria significantly. As part of this team, you will work closely with our global engineering team (distributed across three continents) to strengthen the capabilities of our existing product and build out new products for Branch. As an Android Engineer, you will work closely with other members of the product and engineering team to build out new products and features, and maintain existing ones for millions of customers.
- As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data. As an engineering team, we value bottom-up innovation and decentralized decision-making: We believe the best ideas can come from anyone in the company, and we are working hard to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to propose solutions to the challenges we face. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-moving, innovative, and customer-focused setting.
- Contributing to the design and development of our Android app (written in a mix of Java and Kotlin).
- Scoping new projects and features with our product team, and implementing them (including contributing to some parts of our backend systems when needed).
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Contributing to the overall engineering roadmap, including building out new products for the Nigerian market and beyond.
- Mentoring and teaching other team members.
- You are highly entrepreneurial and thrive in taking ownership of your own impact. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise.
- You are a passionate coder. You start and/or contribute to projects you’re excited about.
- You have experience architecting high-quality Android apps that interact with RESTful APIs and enjoy keeping up with the latest frameworks and development practices. It’s an added bonus if you have working knowledge of languages such as Kotlin, Ruby and/or Python.
- You understand the value of writing thorough tests, and you are passionate about code quality and bug fixing.
- You are curious about new technologies and are eager to learn about and contribute to all parts of our technology stack.
- You are an excellent collaborator & communicator. You listen to others and seek to understand, but aren’t afraid to speak your mind and debate in a respectful manner when you disagree.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company, working with teammates from all over the world.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully-paid Premium Plan medical coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Generous child bonding leave policy
- Pension Benefit and Life Insurance
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. And we’re looking for more than just qualifications – so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!