The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority is a Nigerian establishment which manages the Nigeria sovereign wealth fund, into which the surplus income produced from Nigeria’s excess oil reserves is deposited. This sovereign wealth fund was founded for the purpose of managing and investing these funds on behalf of the government of Nigeria. The wealth fund commenced operations in October 2012 and was set up by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority Act, which was signed in May 2011. It is intended to invest the savings gained on the difference between the budgeted and actual market prices for oil to earn returns that would benefit future generations of Nigerians.
We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Analyst, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund (NIF)
Reference Number: NS2O/3000
- Reporting to a Portfolio Manager under the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund, the successful candidate will support the Portfolio Manager in the investment of the Infrastructure Fund in projects within the following sectors – Power, Agriculture, Healthcare, Motorways and Gas Industrialization.
- Undertake research and analysis on prospective transactions to identify financial trends and potential deals.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis on proposed infrastructure projects and develops presentation materials for the Team Lead.
- Proactively monitors and reports portfolio activities, provide up-to-date report to the Team Lead.
- Manage NIF transaction pipeline and provide weekly deal log report
- Support the Portfolio Manager in the planning and implementation of exit strategies from projects as directed by Management.
- Develop relationships with external counter-parties (BPE, ICRC, State and Federal Ministries), investors and gain insight into market dynamics.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Portfolio Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- A degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or any Business-related discipline
- Maximum of three (3) years relevant experience post NYSC
- Good knowledge of trends in the infrastructure sector (globally and locally), and practical experience in valuation, structuring, portfolio management and business strategy Experience in project finance and fund management.
- Strong analytical skills with hands-on experience in financial modeling
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards and high level of integrity
- Analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: firstname.lastname@example.org please quote the role and appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position on offer.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.