ACTED Nigeria has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects, and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AME Assitant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Level: E1-1 (national contract)
Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
The Appraisal, Monitoring, and Evaluation (AME) Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- The AMEU Assistant will support both the AMEU Senior Officer and the AMEU Officer in the oversight of the AMEU work conducted throughout field bases.
- Any other tasks required by his/her direct management (AMEU Senior Officer)
- Maintaining Adequate AMEU Filing Procedures
- The AMEU Assistant will maintain a proper filing system of AMEU reports and data collected both in hard copy and electronic formats.
- He/she will cross-reference both hard copies of files and documents in the server to ensure that all AMEU documents and data are easily accessible for AMEU and other relevant units.
- He/she will liaise with field teams to ensure that all reports/data/tools are forwarded to AMEU Nigeria.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring the standardization of file names both electronically and in hard copy formats.
Review of Data and Reporting:
- The AMEU assistant will be occasionally tasked with the review of entered data in both Excel and Access databases to ensure that entered data is consistent with ACTED’s information management standards.
- He/she will be responsible for follow-up with field teams on any quality control issues related to entered data.
- He/she may be tasked for the initial review of AMEU Evaluation Reports, Memos, and other Narrative reports prior to forwarding to the AMEU Senior Officer or AMEU Officer for their review.
- He/she may be asked for support in data analysis, data compilation, and report writing.
- He/she may be responsible for liaising with field teams to ensure that all AMEU Nigeria queries are answered relating to reports.
- He/she will be responsible for supporting implementing units and assist in guiding future programming through the identification of lessons learned and best practices when requested by line management.
Manage and promote ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM):
- Monitor the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures; including receiving, documenting, and managing complaints through a telephone hotline, in writing and in person;
- Treat urgent and/or sensitive complaints with the immediate attention they require, and ensure a fast resolution;
- Promote the CRM internally and externally to ensure the CRM is known and accessible to all of ACTED’s beneficiaries
- The AMEU Assistant will attend AMEU coordination meetings with both internal and external partners and draft AMEU minutes for respective meetings, as requested by his supervisors.
- He/she will liaise with field teams to ensure that any significant issues are made known to line managers in preparation for internal coordination meetings or to ensure AMEU Islamabad queries with regards to fieldwork are answered.
- He/she will be responsible for liaison with field teams to ensure that the AMEU work plan remains consistent with the realities of program implementation.
Required Personal and Professional Qualities
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years work experience.
- The AMEU Assistant will be appraised on their personal and professional qualifications:
- An advanced degree in a relevant field (ideally quantitative study);
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and build his/her capacity.
- Strong computer, data management, and reporting skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Strong commitment to the mission and organizational culture of ACTED
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address, and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to the Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CV will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates.
- We apologise for the inconvenience, Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.