International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomy Assistant
Location: Shani, Borno
- The Agronomy assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of agriculture asset creation activities in the Nutrition, Livelihoods and Resilience project in Shani LGA.
- The Agronomy assistant will technically be supervised and supported by the Agronomy Officer.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure Agriculture asset creation activities are implemented based on directions provided by the Agronomy Officer. The Agronomy Assistant provides key linkage between beneficiaries and IMC field office in Shani.
- Liaise with and/or make follow up with the community project management committees on project implementation based on agreed deliverables from community action plans, beneficiary registration, facilitation of pre-distribution training,
- Organize FFA, seeds and tools distributions and field data collection at baseline, post distribution monitoring and end line.
- Conduct beneficiary sensitization for FFA and agriculture asset creation at the village level
- Take lead in FFA, seeds and tools distribution process which includes beneficiary verification.
- Write weekly updates to update of implementation at district level.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or Diploma in Agriculture Sciences
- At least 1 year experience implementing agriculture Food Security and Livelihood strengthening programs with an International Organization.
- Good organizational capacity – including documentation of beneficiary lists, baseline, and post distribution monitoring database.
- Good community mobilization skills.
- Good report writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to speak and write in English will be an added advantage.
- Accountability is required to develop and achieve activities.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to “The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Nigerian nationals only.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.