The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Accra, Ghana
Institution: ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA)
Agency: ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA)
Department: Regulatory Council
Directorate: Finance and Administration
Division: Admin, HR & Finance
Line Supervisor: Principal Officer, Administration, HR and Finance
- Under the supervision of the Principal Officer, Administration, Finance & Human Resources, the incumbent will assist in ensuring efficient day-to-day administrative functions and support the activities of the Principal Officer, Administration, HR and Finance and other staff of ERERA as required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with planning, organizing and overseeing the Administrative and HR functions of ERERA.
- Assist with monitoring and meeting the administrative/HR and material needs of ERERA, and assist in the preparation, storage and retrieval of requisite records.
- Assist in the provision of administrative support for the procurement process in ERERA.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic status reports of ERERA, including drafting of briefs, minutes of meetings, speeches, letters and other relevant documents as needed in ERERA to be reviewed by the HR and Administration Officer
- Assist in ensuring a properly maintained filing system for Administrative/HR documents in ERERA.
- Assist the HR and Administration Officer, prepare the agenda for meetings and supporting material for distribution.
- Assist in the update Staff lists, documentation of new Staff and ensure that their requirements and needs are met for the effective functioning in ERERA.
- Assist in the provision of ad-hoc support to ERERA as and when the need arises
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Brevet deTechnicien Superieur (BTS) / Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or equivalent in a similar field from a recognized University.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative services;
- Knowledge of general office and administrative support services including administrative policies, processes and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and adapt to various software packages;
- Excellent knowledge of work unit functions, roles and relationships with other parts of the organization
- Nationals of Ghana or other ECOWAS member-states resident in Ghana.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
UA25,844.84 USD40,777.98 / UA30,266.13 USD47,753.90 / UA34,293.95 USD54,109.00
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)