Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ACS Principal Database Engineer, Cloud Platform
Reference No.: 22000620
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs.
- This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services.
- A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
- As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues.
- Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Both a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience prior to taking this position.
- In addition, experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools.
Candidate should have the below technical skills:
- 11g/12c/19c General RDBMS Issues and DBA activities.
- Installing, Designing, Configuring, Administering and troubleshooting of oracle 11g/12c Databases.
- Administer the complete Oracle environment including databases, Applications and services.
- Monitor database conditions throughout the network including server Side and client side.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Installation, configuration and upgrades.
Backup and Recovery:
- Database Backup (RMAN and User-Managed Backup….etc)
- Backup strategies according to workload.
- Database Restore using different methods.
- Database Recovery by using User-Managed recovery Method or RMAN method.
- Complete recovery (to the most current point in time).
- Incomplete recovery by using one of the following methods:
- Time-Based Recovery – Cancel-Based Recovery.
- Tablespace Point in Time Recovery.
- Oracle Secure Backup.
- Fixing corruptions and using DULL tool.
- Have knowledge to export and import any of database objects (tablespaces, users…full database).
- Export/Import using Oracle Data Pump utility.
- SQL Loader
- Database Character set conversion
Migration / Upgrades and loading data:
- Migrating database any release into 11gR2/12c/19c databases.
- Performing different database upgrades from/to different releases using all types of upgrades.
- Migrating (Moving) databases from server to another with minimal down time.
- Loading data into any Oracle database release.
- Database migrations using all methods including Golden Gate, Transportable Tablespaces, Transportable Database.
Oracle Data Guard:
- Configuring, administering and troubleshooting standby (logical/physical) databases environment in single DB instance and RAC/ASM environments.
Oracle Real Application Cluster/ASM:
- Installing, Patching, Upgrading administrating and Troubleshooting RAC environments / ASM.
- RAC High Availability Test.
- Database Vault
- Audit Vault and Database Firewall
- Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Virtual Private Database (VPD)
- Oracle Data Masking & Redaction
- Oracle Label Security
Systems – Exadata:
- Exadata configuration, Administration, Patching, Baremetal restore, Performance Tuning, Migrations, Upgrades, DBFS, VLAN tagging and HCC compression.
- Exadata IORM implementations.
- Exadata High Availability Test.
- ZFS storage configuration and administration for backup and recovery.
Oracle Golden Gate:
- Golden Gate Installation Configuration.
- Golden Gate replications Classic , Integrated and Coordinated.
- Oracle database migration using Golden Gate
- Golden Gate performance.
- Golden Gate Veridata installation and configuration for creating comparisons.
- Golden Gate Plugin for OEM
Oracle Performance Tuning:
- Troubleshooting different performance issues
- Hang analysis & Cluster eviction issues
- SQL Tuning with different methodologies , SQL Profiles , SPM and SQL restructure
- Gather Statistics with different strategies based on workload and business
- Oracle Real Application Testing (RAT).
- Oracle SQL Performance Analyzer (SPA)
- Database Tuning , Memory Tuning , Backup Tuning & Data Pump Tuning
- Works with different performance utilities AWR, ADDM , ASH and others.
- Database Resource Manager (DBRM)
Enterprise Manager & Cloud:
- Installation of Enterprise Manager Systems
- Patching and Upgrade of OEM to different versions
- Engineered System Machine Discovery ( Exadata , Super Cluster and ZFS)
- Install Different Plugins , Siebel , Golden Gate
- Email Notification for different metrics and thresholds
- Good Knowledge of Cloud Management including Paas , DBaas , Service catalogue and Snap Clone
- Migrating Oracle Databases to Database as a Service.
- Business and communications skills are mandatory required, selected candidate will be wortking along with sales/pre-sales to build LoEs and customer orientation meetings.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).