Amazon Energy Limited is a leader in the provision of innovative Integrated Energy Services, primarily to the Petroleum sectors. We also have strategic interests in downstream trading and shipping. Whether it is subsea, surface and concept development or decommissioning, our all-round technical expertise and strong partnerships provide energy companies the racetrack to success. Our history of engineering excellence even in the most challenging environments, combined with our approach steeped in deep local knowledge delivers great results for our clients and stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Officer (Entry Level)
Functionally reports to: Finance Manager
- Handling and managing Group’s accounts payable accounts.
- Receiving, opening, and logging invoices, as well as other duties like bank reconciliation, accounts payable in voice and data entry, and expense report handling for all Group subsidiaries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare all payment vouchers as per procedures and batch them together for processing into the accounting system.
- Process all payment batches into the accounting system as per procedures.
- Analysis to be completed for banking and attached to bank deposit slips.
- All documentation to be filed correctly for bank reconciliation purposes
- Ensure that transactions for the day are posted and reconciled with the general ledger on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the required journal entries are prepared on a timely basis.
- Ensure that month-end closing entries are done as per standard procedure.
- Prepare reports, schedules and analysis that may be required by the Manager, Finance & Accounts.
- Respond to queries, by resolving issues in a timely and efficient manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Communicate and follow up with internal departments to resolve issues and determine methods for expediting problem payments.
- Maintain and administer Accounts Payable databases.
- Ensure that tax related matters such as computations, payments and reports to Inland Revenue Service are complied with.
- Interface with regulatory agencies: FIRS, LIRS, NSITF, ITF, DPR, NAPIMS etc
- Reconcile creditor’s statements of accounts against the records.
- Must possess at least First Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Master’s Degree or Professional Certification in related field would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of relevant ERP or accounting software is added advantage
- Must have 1 – 2 years cognate experience in Financial Accounting or related field and Oil & Gas Industry.
- Must be versatile with tax laws, regulations, IFRS and GAAP
Application Closing Date
11th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online