Strugz is a Public Relations, Legal, Management and Training Consulting Firm, with a passion to transform minds in a dynamic way that helps its clients find a rhythm and maximize its potential to a maximum capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience Level: Mid level
- We are searching for an organized, motivated Accountant who will be in charge of Payables and Receivables. Your responsibility ultimately is to increase department accuracy and efficiency and provide expertise to our Accounts department.
- The Accountant will work closely with internal departments to ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected on time.
- You will also review account information, correct discrepancies, and speak to clients to establish better payment terms.
- Prepare management reports on a monthly and a quarterly basis
- Monitor project accounts, analyze and regularly report on profitability, project completion rate, and costs
- Monthly reconciliation of project accounts
- Regular reporting on company financial health and position on a monthly, Quarterly, Bi-annually, and annual basis
- Prepare profitability reports on all client projects(Completed and uncompleted) in line with the relevant IFRS standard to be reported to management on a monthly, Quarterly, Bi-annually, and annual basis
- Prepare annual financial statements for audit and regulatory filings
- Posting all ledger and journals in line with relevant IFRS standards
- Daily and monthly reconciliation of bank statements and posting of all ledger entries
- Compulsory and proper use of computer systems and software for postings and filing
- Maintain an up to date asset register.
- Build financial models for projects
- Analyze project forecasts to ascertain the viability of each project and contribution to the overall company performance and growth
- Regularly produce variance analysis reports for each project and all associated income and expenditure
- Preparing budgets while ensuring budget control and ensuring general/project overhead expenses are in line with agreed limits/ targets.
- Monitor Working Capital and ensuring that debtors’ payments are kept in line with the agreements.
- Reconciliation of client invoices and purchase orders
- Regularly update and follow up with the client on receivables, invoices overdue via calls, emails, and all necessary measures
- Follow up with clients on WHT remittance and their regulatory responsibilities, ensuring they are fulfilled
- Regularly perform aging analysis and seek measures to recover bad debts
- Ensure timely payments for all project costs and overheads
- Ensure timely payments of all subcontractors in line with agreements
- Ensure deductions applicable to subcontractors taxes are upheld
- Payroll management
- Timely payments for all administrative and operational costs
- Ensure regular remittance of pension and other necessary employee associated benefits
Regulatory relations and compliance:
- Filing and remittance of VAT, PAYE, NCD, and all other relevant taxes
- Payment of all levies for DPR, Business permits, NSITF, ITF, and all other relevant levies
- Ensure all WHT notes are regularly updated on the FIRS portal
- Ensure collection and usage of all credit/assistance/facilities provided by regulatory agencies that aid the business growth.
- Constantly ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements(Industry related, State-related, and Federal government-related)
- Regularly seek measures that improve company cash flow and liquidity management
- Constantly seek out finance opportunities from financial institutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or related field. ICAN is an added advantage
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Experience using QuickBooks Pro
- Experience in project management and reporting
- Proven use and knowledge of IFRS standards(especially IFRS 15 and all other relevant standards)
- 2 years of proven experience in financial analysis and building financial models
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel and power point
- Special licenses or certification will be added advantage
- Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills.
- Understanding of mathematics and accounting and financial processes.
- Ethical behavior.
- Attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness and adaptability.
N80,000 – N100,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.