Owens and Xley Consults – Our client, a kitchen brand located in Yaba, Lagos state, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Keep accurate and documented records of the company’s financial transactions and collate these for auditing.
- Maintain financial security through strict implementation of internal controls.
- Collect financial data; preparing balance sheet, and profit and loss statement.
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and report for decision-making.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by analyzing account information.
- Keep track of all sales & outstanding payments and escalate to the Business Director.
- Manage petty cash and disburse funds for day-to-day operations of the company in line with established account policies and procedures.
- Recommend financial actions by summarizing the company’s current financial status periodically.
- Maintain accounting, inventory, and purchase control by preparing policies and procedures.
- Drive compliance to all regulatory compliance and remit all statutory payments as and when due.
- Prepare vendor/supplier/petty cash payment by verifying documentation and requesting disbursement.
- Carry out periodic inventory reconciliations in collaboration with the Procurement Officer & Inventory Officer.
- Make payment runs to suppliers and vendors.
- Create forms & templates for documentation of financial transactions and use these in updating finance operations records.
- Prepare monthly management reports not limited to income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flow.
- BSc Accounting, Finance, or Economics from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Experience in the hospitality industry is an added advantage
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks, Peachtree, or Sage software
- Up-to-date technology expertise is a strong advantage.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance (PAYE, PENSION, VAT, Company Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax)
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Time management.
- Mathematical and deductive reasoning.
- Critical thinking & active learning.
- Must be female
- Must be within the age range of 25-30
N100,000 – N150,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.