9mobile is a telecommunications company operating in Nigeria. Formerly known as Etisalat Nigeria, the company was rebranded as 9mobile in 2017 after its parent company, Emirates Telecommunications Group Company PJSC, withdrew its management and branding rights due to a debt default.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Specialist, IT Infrastructure Operations
Job ID: IRC4980
- Responsible for the support & Management of a multi-vendor stack of Infrastructure platforms, integrated to deliver business services to agreed service levels.
- Ensure that availability targets for infrastructure platforms are aligned with overall service targets
- Contribute relevant IT performance metrics for management reports, by the specified deadlines, covering key aspects of service, projects, and people
- Provide out of hours support and guidance to the infrastructure platform support team as needed
- Identify new processes or modify existing processes to improve efficiencies in the support and management of the infrastructure platform stack
- Follow company standards, including security baselines and industry best practice approaches to delivering all IaaS & PaaS services
- Continuously evaluates the design, functionality and performance of supported business applications and makes thoughtful and significant recommendations for Infrastructure improvements/retirements
- Ensure transition and support documentation is fit for purpose, to a high standard and kept up to date
- Carry out other activities as instructed by the Manager, Infrastructure Operations.
- First Degree or equivalent in Computer Science / IT, Engineering or a related or relevant discipline.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Five (3) + years of combined Telecom/IT/applications management experience in high-impact role(s) with clear progression in levels of responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience managing a complex stack of multi-vendor Infrastructure platforms at the desired scale, preferably in a Telco environment
- Excellent knowledge in compute, Virtualization, Private Cloud, Public Cloud and understanding of core operating system constructs such as memory, processor, and I/O – disk and network)
- Expert in Information Lifecycle Management (Backup & Archiving)
- Proven professional experience and understanding of Storage, Network, Database, Security and Software Defined Technologies
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, leading/emerging technologies, and developments within the mobile telecommunications industry and related ecosystems
- Self-starter, with good people management / exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills; Strong can-do attitude and aptitude to drive innovation
- Experience in working through complex issues and providing alternative solutions
- Ability to lead, influence and gain the confidence and respect of senior executives and functional leadership
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels when under intense pressure
- Exceptional analytical, quick-learning, and critical thinking skills
- Strong change management skills
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online