BASF West Africa Limited is a top chemical firm in the world because we provide shrewd answers to both our clients’ problems and the future’s sustainability. We connect and nurture individuals with a wide range of abilities throughout the globe. This entails several opportunities for advancement for you. We care about your personality as well as your performance. Careers at BASF grow out of possibilities.
EMEA stands for Europe, the Middle East, Emerging Europe, and Africa in BASF. More than 50 nations in the area are home to BASF operations. The EMEA area is BASF’s most significant market.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Management Trainee – Business Development (Oil & Gas)
JOB ID: 84195
Job Field: Marketing & Sales
Job Conditions: Temporary
What You Can Expect
The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing tailor-made commercial support to assigned customers within the Oil and gas BU. Prepare and contribute towards customer concepts, identifying and develop new sales opportunities. Duties will include the following:
- Self; on-the job; peer-to-peer learning of BASF Oil and Gas portfolio, applications and industry
- Familiarise with customers, processes, internal & external stakeholders relating to the business
- On-time reporting of customer and industry related activities
- Collect and analyse relevant market Information to develop market intelligence
- Support the introduction of new applications to the market
- Follow Project Management principles and Quality Management procedures
- Adhere to and comply with all BASF guidelines and procedures
- Ensure all requirements of the function are carried out timeously and effectively within the business unit
- Commit to and in accordance to the BASF Values and Principles
- Work closely with and gain on-the-job experience from Technical and Account Managers in the region
- Identifies the requirements of the customer and adjusts systems/applications accordingly
- Effectively communicate relevant technical issues with Technical/Account Manager
- Report customer visits, product development status and product trials
- Ensure proper handling of ‘off spec material’
- Assist in managing obsolete and problem stock
- Enters sample requests via ‘LIVE’
What We Expect
- University qualification in a Technical or Scientific field (Oil refining & Petrochemical preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in development and utilization within Oil & Gas industry
- Driver’s License (Mandatory).
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills
- Efficient ‘farming’ capabilities for maintaining existing and established business
- Skills in identifying growth and business development opportunities
- Project management skills
- Microsoft Office and SAP
- Presentation skills.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a commit-ted team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online