The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant (ICT_IM)
SVN No.: SVN2020.040
IOM Classification: G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with a possibility of extension
Organizational Unit: Immigration and Border Management (IBM)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
>> Click here for Latest IOM Recruitment 2020 / 2021 September | IOM Jobs Vacancies in Nigeria & Careers | International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2020
- IOM Nigeria assists the Government of Nigeria in enhancing their capacity to perform immigration and border management duties in line with international standards and good practices through establishing a national data architecture and conducting various kinds of capacity building activities.
- Under the overall supervision of the Senior Program Manager in the Immigration and Border Management (IBM) Unit and direct supervision of the IBM National Programme Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and coordinating IT components of IBM projects including deployment of IOM’s Border Management Information System MIDAS (Migration Information and Data Analysis System) at the county’s land, sea and air borders.
- The candidate is also expected to perform other programmatic tasks related to the projects and liaise with the project beneficiaries and key project stakeholders.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
He/she will be required to perform the following function:
- Assist in developing and testing information technology solutions
- Ensure proper documentation and inventory of information technology assets related to the IBM projects and assist with asset handover documentation.
- Support in planning, implementation and monitoring of IT components of the project activities.
- Support key project staff in liaising with relevant government partners, non-governmental entities, international organizations as well as other relevant project stakeholders when the issues strongly intersect with information technology, data and biometric systems.
- Support the planning, preparation and implementation of trainings, project seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings and presentations related to the IBM projects.
- Undertake duty travels when necessary in support of the implementation of the IBM projects.
- Provide technical inputs related to information technology and data management for development of new project ideas and proposal.
- Participate in technical assessments and support configuration and setup of IBM-related software, systems and servers.
- Support in writing web scripts to interconnect all the applications with external applications.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent from an accredited academic institution with two (2) years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in basic areas of data system development, synchronization and management
- Technical capacity in working with different operating systems
- Working experience with computer programs
- Experience in liaising with government authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs as an advantage
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines in challenging settings.
- Ability to work in multicultural and multi-ethnic environments.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, approach, and coordinate with stakeholders of diverse backgrounds and levels of expertise
- Fluency in English (oral and written) and Working knowledge of the local languages.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line.
Important Information / Notice
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line (SVN2020.040 Abuja. Project Assistant (ICT_IM)- G5).
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.