Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS was officially registered on 19 March 2000 at the Vatican State as a foundation.
JRS programmes are found in 51 countries, providing assistance to: refugees in camps and cities, individuals displaced within their own countries, asylum seekers in cities, and to those held in detention centres. The main areas of work are in the field of education, emergency assistance, healthcare, livelihood activities and social services. At the end of 2016, more than 733,400 individuals were direct beneficiaries of JRS projects.
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Location: Abuja, Adamawa, Borno, Cross River
- Provides advice as it pertains to Inspire recruitment selections and ensure adherence to policies and procedures in filling vacant posts.
- Provides advice on guidelines on promotion and placement of staff.
- Represent JRS in discussions with senior government officials on recruitment and other human resources matters
- Develop programs to enhance employee relations and offer employee support to each staff member
- Ensure that the new hire orientation process properly introduces new employees to the corporate culture
- Deliver compensation and benefit comparison reports to the executive team each month and make recommendations to improve the organizations wellbeing
- Come up with new ways to measure employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction
- Act as liaison between the legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations
- Participates in task forces (INGO Forum) and working groups identifying issues/problems, formulating policies and guidelines, and establishing new procedures that will benefit the organization.
- Serves as JRS Administrative focal point for the implementation of policies related to human resources management, particularly as it relates to HQs and the field, as well as assists supervisors and staff with understanding human resources policy.
- Provides policy advice to staff and managers on substantive and procedural questions related to administration and management of staff, including the implementation of any human resources reform initiative.
- Reviews and provides advice to Program Managers on requests for exceptions to policies, regulations and rules before transmittal to the Office of coordination.
- Prepares and updates comprehensive Policy Instructions incorporating existing human resources policies, practices and procedures for ease of reference for JRS staff.
- Serves as focal point for the compilation and submission of comments to draft Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Administrative Instructions disseminated by the Office of coordination.
- Serves on various standing boards, committees, ad hoc working groups and task forces, as required. Also represents the operational interests of JRS at the policy level for any field-based emergency operations meetings/discussions
- Responsible for the review of Prohibited Conduct and disciplinary cases forwarded by coordination and if required, arrange investigation panels and communicate conclusions to the relevant parties.
- Keeps abreast of developments and trends in various areas of human resources.
- Prepares reports and participates and/or leads special human resources projects.
- Advises the Head of the Unit or Management on the development, modification and implementation of JRS and practices on entitlements.
- Reviews and recommends level of remuneration for all staff.
- Provides advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules. Reviews and provides advice on exceptions to policies, regulations and rules.
- Represents the office in joint bodies and working groups relating to salaries and other conditions of service.
- May assist supervisors and staff with understanding and using the performance appraisal system (PAS) and the rebuttal process.
- Advises and counsels staff in respect of rights, responsibilities, code of conduct and difficulties associated with work and entitlements.
- Monitors, advises and acts on disciplinary matters in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Supervises and monitors the work of the junior human resources officers in undertaking the full range of human resource management activities.
- Represents the management in classification appeal cases.
- Provides guidance to program managers on the application of classification policies and procedures and by undertaking whole office review.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Able present company mission and history clearly and confidently
- Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field
- Two to five years of experience in a human resources position or related position
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- General knowledge of employment laws and best practices
- Possesses superb spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
Application Deadline: 30th Aug. 2019
Method of Application
Due to the number of CV to be reviewed early birds have upper hand.
1. only qualified candidates would be contacted
2. In the Subject section of the email, state Job position applied for and location
3. Indicate expected Take home pay on CV
Applicants should send Cvs to email@example.com