The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) – The bank was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Innovation (Junior Professional Programme)
Reference Number: LASBLR01
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- This job role is part of the Bank’s Junior Professionals Programme. The purpose is to provide the candidate with an opportunity to acquire further banking, finance and trade development skills in order to contribute impactful diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank and, where relevant, the successful candidate could be considered for a permanent role.
- The candidate should be below 32 years of age and ready to commit to the Bank for a period of two years.
- Co-ordination of innovation and product change initiatives, communications, training and other support programs that will effectively prepare users for launch and use of new and existing products;
- Assist in the delivery of quality innovation products, processes and business models and able to implement to time and budget;
- Assist in the analysis and design of new business processes;
- Co-ordinate workshops for a variety of internal stakeholders;
- Work with our stakeholders to assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer requirements;
- Identify and define detailed product requirements and user cases;
- Work with the project manager, product managers and other team members to define metrics and performance goals for new and existing products;
- Conducting process and customer journey mapping;
- Assist in the development of products from initial design to commercialization;
- Ability to understand innovation business requirements and translate them into technical requirements;
- Providing digital functionality and process and product management expertise to support design and implementation work;
- Planning and estimating delivery work;
- Co-ordinate multiple parallel projects;
- Liaise with relevant departments in communicating queries and feedback to clients; and
- Any other duties as assigned.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill
- A first Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics plus a relevant post graduate degree;
- 3 years’ post-graduation experience;
- IT experience and understanding of web programming concepts and languages;
- Experience of working with e-commerce and integrated digital platforms with omnichannel experience;
- Experience with User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) designs;
- Experience with building customer inspiring mobile apps;
- Experience with agile methodologies;
- Passion for Cloud, Mobile & Web Technologies;
- Understanding of Design documents, Technical Design documents;
- Autonomous, rigorous and team spirit skills;
- Financial or Industry skills will be considered as an asset;
- 1 to 2 years of experience with at least one of the following cloud environments: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform will be advantageous;
- Excellent written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Fluent interpersonal skills: able to work in a team, work under pressure and flexibility.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online